Weaving Technician R&D
- You will start off with a comprehensive initial training period, which will predominantly take place in-house at our Ieper site in Belgium, with the objective of familiarizing you with the various types of weaving machines. This will include training (in our training center), practical experience in assembly, a period in the customer weaving department, as well as training in textile technology and machine settings and more;
- Application of your acquired knowledge in our test-weaving department and performance of weaving tests for R&D;
- Measurement and analysis of fabric defects and stops, reporting and documenting your methods and test results;
- Making proposals in order to improve and optimize machine weaving efficiency;
- As a fully-fledged technician, you will also fulfil an ambassadorial role in terms of Picanol customer contact.
- Solid, technical, textile knowledge, acquired through your education – you should hold a bachelor’s degree in electronics, (electro-)mechanics, textiles, or similar – or via equivalent work experience;
- Broad technical interest and eagerness to learn about all aspects of our machinery;
- Creative and solution-oriented;
- Strong analytical abilities;
- Very sociable and an excellent communicator;
- Entrepreneurial and able to work well when unsupervised;
- Capable of handling stressful situations;
- - Customer-focused;
- Highly adaptable to a wide range of situations;
- Flexible and willing to travel internationally, several times a year, on short customer visits;
- Native Dutch speaker with a good knowledge of English (knowledge of one or more other languages is considered a plus);
- Affinity with IT-applications, including having a working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- An organisation that belongs to the top of its segment in the field of technology.
- Space to develop yourself and take initiative in a dynamic and fast growing international company.
- WMS R&D
- Experience level
- Entry Level
- Business unit
- Picanol Group