Textile Support Engineer
In order to strengthen the Service department we are seeking a Service Support Engineer, who will provide technical support for the Service department (Field Technicians, Service Managers and Service Centers). Focus is on weave technical issues which appear during the installation and service of our weaving machines, as well as during the execution of weave trials. This contains, among other tasks:
• Be the internal contact point for all weave technical issues and questions from the entire service department;
• Give support at various difficult quality- and weave-technical problems our field technicians are confronted with at our customer premises;
• Handle complaints from the field;
• Be a coach and a mentor for our Junior Field Technicians by giving training on machine- and weave-technical issues according the procedures valid within Picanol, and by guiding them during their training period;
• Validate and consolidate information and make this info at the disposal of the Service Department;
• You report to the Service Support Team Manager.
• You have a fluent knowledge of English, written and spoken. Fluent knowledge of Dutch is an advantage;
• You have a thorough, expert knowledge on mechanical, electrical and foremost textile-technical functioning of the Picanol weaving machines;
• You have a thorough knowledge of the weave process, and all the difficulties which are part of it, as well as the solutions requiring them;
• You are analytical and you handle in a structured way;
• You are communicative and flexible. You are prepared to travel frequently (up to 30%);
• You are a real team player and find it rewarding to help and coach others.
- An organization that belongs to the top of its segment in the field of technology;
- The opportunity to develop yourself and take initiative in a dynamic and fast growing international company.