Test Development Engineer
Psicontrol focuses on the design, development, production, and support of customized control systems with an emphasis on state-of-the-art human-machine interfaces, wireless communication technologies, and integrated systems. With production sites in Ieper (Belgium) and Râșnov (Romania), Psicontrol focuses mainly on industrial customers, for whom reliability is crucial. Consequently, it is nowadays a supplier to sectors including textile machinery, compressors, HVAC, and vending machines. Psicontrol is headquartered in Ieper (Belgium) and employs more than 500 people worldwide.
Psicontrol is part of Picanol Group, a business unit of Tessenderlo Group (Euronext: TESB). Tessenderlo Group is a global industrial group that focuses on agriculture, valorizing bio-residuals, machinery, mechanical engineering, electronics, energy, and industrial solutions for water management. At the heart of the strategy of Tessenderlo Group lies the conviction that “Every Molecule Counts”: in everything we do, we seek to further valorize our products and our processes, and to add value. For more information about Tessenderlo Group, please visit www.tessenderlo.com.
As a Test Development Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and developing test strategies, test plans, and solutions for a range of electronic products.
- You will work closely with the design and production teams to ensure the delivery of quality products
- You will manage product testability from the design phase, in the context of the cost and timing of the end solution
Due to the extensive variety of products and large and growing production volumes, thorough automation (such as visual testing) and stability are important aspects of the designs produced.
This requires substantiated solutions based on a good knowledge of both hardware and software.
You should have a master's degree in ICT/electronics or equivalent experience (with knowledge of electronics principles and measurement techniques). Practical experience with C#, Python and/or SQL databases is a plus. You should also be able to demonstrate significant interest in hardware and software.
You should be someone who likes to stay abreast of new technologies and you must have a real “doer” mindset. In other words, you’ll be a person who consistently delivers high-quality work. You must like to set clear and achievable goals for yourself, as well as enjoy interacting with people – this is because you will be expected to maintain contact with all departments at Psicontrol.
An employer that’s an international company and a segment leader. We offer a clear training path, developed for you, adapted to your needs and ambitions, and monitored by your own training coach. And the freedom to elevate your position to the highest level.
As well as:
- Compensation according to experience
- Meal vouchers (EUR 8)
- Flexible working hours (ensuring a work-life balance is a very important concept for us)
- Up to 8 work-from-home days per month
- Up to 29 vacation days per year
- Great cafeteria plan with car and bike lease options, etc.
- CAO no. 90 bonus
- Group and hospitalization insurance
- Mental and physical health are key issues for us, as evidenced by the Picanol Group Strava Club and the large number of our colleagues who participate in the Mondi Run, the 100 km of Ieper, the Kemmelberg Trail, etc. But we also enjoy having some French fries and an afterwork drink on Fridays!
- And much more!