Psicontrol focuses on the design, development, production, and support of customized control systems with an emphasis on state-of-the-art human-machine interfaces, wireless communication technologies, and integrated systems. With production sites in Ieper (Belgium) and Râșnov (Romania), Psicontrol focuses mainly on industrial customers, for whom reliability is crucial. Consequently, it is nowadays a supplier to sectors including textile machinery, compressors, HVAC, and vending machines. Psicontrol is headquartered in Ieper (Belgium) and employs more than 500 people worldwide.
Psicontrol is part of Picanol Group, a business unit of Tessenderlo Group (Euronext: TESB). Tessenderlo Group is a global industrial group that focuses on agriculture, valorizing bio-residuals, machinery, mechanical engineering, electronics, energy, and industrial solutions for water management. At the heart of the strategy of Tessenderlo Group lies the conviction that “Every Molecule Counts”: in everything we do, we seek to further valorize our products and our processes, and to add value. For more information about Tessenderlo Group, please visit www.tessenderlo.com.
As a Production Engineer, you’ll take care of the preparation, start-up, optimization, and evaluation of production for external and internal projects. You’ll be expected to drive the process from product design to production. This process has several phases, in each of which you will exert your responsibility by:
- Charting the entire production process for your, specific projects, in consultation with colleagues in R&D, purchasing, quality control, testing, production, etc.
- Supervising production from the start of each project – by building workstations, creating work process instructions, coaching and supervising operators, programming machines, etc.
- Constantly focusing on improvement and/or optimization in terms of speed, efficiency, quality, etc.
- Reporting to external customers and/or our own R&D department
Certain projects are managed from our production site in Romania, for which your presence will be required (approximately 2 - 3 times a year). You will also have the opportunity to visit major trade fairs abroad!
You will work in the central team that is the pivotal point between the R&D department and Production. In tandem with your closest colleague, you’ll prepare and supervise all projects to the production-ready phase, with each individual managing their own customers and responsibilities. Your manager and colleague will function as your immediate sounding board.
You should have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electromechanics/Electronics and a hands-on attitude. You must be interested in production and have a strong sense of responsibility. We are looking for someone who likes to take R&D projects to production-readiness, who can work in a structured way, and who is comfortable working with a variety of departments. We are also looking for a team player. You will often be expected to consult with various colleagues but take independent responsibility in completing your tasks. You should be able to express yourself fluently in Dutch and English.
An employer that’s an international company and a segment leader. We offer a clear training path, developed for you, adapted to your needs and ambitions, and monitored by your own training coach. And the freedom to elevate your position to the highest level.
As well as:
- Compensation according to experience
- Meal vouchers (EUR 8)
- Flexible working hours (ensuring a work-life balance is a very important concept for us)
- Up to 8 work-from-home days per month
- Up to 29 vacation days per year
- Great cafeteria plan with car and bike lease options, etc.
- CAO no. 90 bonus
- Group and hospitalization insurance
- Mental and physical health are key issues for us, as evidenced by the Picanol Group Strava Club and the large number of our colleagues who participate in the Mondi Run, the 100 km of Ieper, the Kemmelberg Trail, etc. But we also enjoy having some French fries and an afterwork drink on Fridays!
- And much more!