You will begin with an extensive training period, which will mainly be facilitated at our company in Ieper. This will enable you to acquire a thorough knowledge of our different types of machine. Included in this program will be courses at our training center, a work placement in our assembly department, hands on with the clients' weaving machines, as well as training in textile technologies and machine settings.
The next step will see you start to implement all of your newly acquired skills and knowledge in the field. You will be assisting our senior field technicians on their missions abroad and learning from their expertise.
As your level of expertise increases, you will start to receive your own assignments. These will include installing new machines, troubleshooting, installing upgrades, offering service packages, training operators, testing new machines and testing new fabric types at the customers’ facilities.
As a fully qualified field technician interacting with our clients, you will be an ambassador of Picanol. You will occasionally provide training on our machines (in our training center in Ieper or at the clients’ facilities). You will report all significant information concerning the client to the relevant Area Service Manager.
We would be interested to consider your application for this opportunity if you have the following profile:
- Extensive technological knowledge, acquired through studies (e.g. Bachelor in Technical Electronics, (Electro) Mechanics, Textiles etc.) or through equivalent work experience, preferably in a weaving mill or in the textile industry;
- Broad technical interests and keen learner who is able to assimilate the various aspects of all machines;
- High level of creativity and a problem-solving attitude, as well as strong analytical skills;
- Excellent social and communication skills;
- Good independent worker who is capable of taking initiative;
- Ability to cope in a calm manner with stressful situations;
- Ability to adapt to a variety of different situations and cultures;
- Flexibility to stay abroad for long periods (mainly outside of Europe);
- Good knowledge of English – preferably knowledge of two other languages, and/or prepared to learn other languages;
- Competence with a wide range of PC applications.
- You will become part a company with a leading market position thanks to its combination of technology, customer care and products of the highest quality;
- You will experience a challenging job with ample room for taking initiative.